Friday, January 21, 2011

My Books!!!

Don't you love it when you're waiting for a package and expecting it on a certain day but it shows up a day earlier?! I sure do! I got my package from Amazon yesterday, and man, was it heavy! I couldn't wait to open it.

1. The Professional Chef 8th Ed. The Culinary Institute of America
Of course, I only had the chance to glance at the books briefly, but they are awesome! This one can be used to open a restaurant! There's info on how to price stuff and all the recipes are for 10 servings (or individual). I guess I'm gonna have to start having big dinner parties. There is soooo much useful information here! I'll probably talk about it more in later posts once I get to read it and use it. Lots of pictures and detailed instructions.

2. On Cooking: A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals 4th Ed. Labensky, Hause
This one has more info on individual types of ingredients. I'll update this post later. Lots of pictures, detailed instructions as well. Love it!

3. The Flavor Bible Page, Dornenburg
This is not about technique like the other two - it lists what flavors go with what ingredients. Gonna be super useful for creating my own recipes!

These books are all pretty hefty.

Between these 3, and my new to-read list, I've got tons of stuff to read now... Yay! I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Take care,
Ksenia

No comments: